Be a part of our global grassroots movement to support LGBTQIA+ and single mother asylum seekers and refugees that are most in need, by sponsoring specific activities to promote their safety, sustain their lives. and create a sense of belonging. Here's how:
- $6000 - Supports 35 LGBTQIA+ refugees with the experience of the Dream Academy, a 10 week course of socio-emotional learning and global employment training.
Your donation will provide 35 LGBTQIA+ refugees with an immersive course led by world-renowned trainers, academics, and business leaders, so their lives are transformed from marginalization to leadership in their community. On donating this amount, we invite you to meet The Dream Academy participants, to attend the course, to sponsor the course in the name of you or a loved one, and to benefit from a personal two-hour executive training session worth $3,500 with members of your family or corporate team to help strengthen your connection.
- $2500 - Provides essential food and housing costs for 8 to 15 LGBTQIA+ refugees living under immediate threat in Africa or Latin America, for a year.
Your donation provides the basic needs of food and shelter to 8 to 15 LGBTQIA+ refugees in Africa and Latin America; so they can focus on rebuilding their lives. This housing is operated by the refugees themselves. On donating this amount, we invite you to meet refugees staying in the safehouse that you sponsor, to name the safehouse after you or a loved one, to work directly with us and the refugees of the safe house, and to attend The Dream Academy course.
- $2000 - Funds emergency medical and food needs for the entire Nairobi LGBTQIA+ refugee community, for a month.
Your donation supports an emergency response fund that provides over 400 LGBTQIA+ refugee community members in Nairobi, with emergency medical care and food when they need it. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive pictures of refugees getting and using your donated items, to meet and learn more about our organization in personal meetings with our staff, and to attend The Dream Academy course.
- $1500 - Purchases 10 Tablets or Laptops to be used by LGBTQIA+ refugees in virtual education and training programs.
Your donation sponsors the purchase of 10 tablets or laptops for LGBTQIA+ refugees, which they use for their education, future employment opportunities or social impact ventures. On donating this amount, we invite you to attend The Dream Academy course along with the LGBTQIA+ refugees you have supported.
- $1000 - Funds an LGBTQIA+ Refugee-led Social Impact or Entrepreneurial Project.
Your donation supports a LGBTQIA+ refugee to use their life experience, skills, and knowledge gained from the Dream Academy, to develop and lead a project that will support the life and livelihood of the refugee, their family, and their community. On donating this amount, we invite you to meet and mentor refugees leading the project you are funding, to receive pictures and updates on the project, and to attend The Dream Academy course.
- $500 - Provides an LGBTQIA+ safehouse with internet access for a year.
Your donation provides a basic internet connection for a safehouse, which they can use to stay protected, for virtual education, to reintegrate into society, to earn a livelihood, and to keep connected with their loved ones and their community. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive updates on the safehouse or refugee family that you are supporting, to receive a personal letter from those that benefit from your support, and to attend The Dream Academy course.
- $250 - Supports one month salary for a LGBTQIA+ refugee community leader, employed by Safe Place International or another NGO.
Your donation gives a LGBTQIA+ refugee the opportunity to be a leader in their community, by working with us or other NGOs to create pathways for a safe and sustainable life for themselves and their community. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive a personal letter from the LGBTQIA+ community leader you are supporting, as well as to meet and mentor this community leader.
- $100 - Sponsors one month of food vouchers for a single mother with children, sheltered in our Moms2Moms program.
Your donation will help purchase vouchers to buy food to support a single mother and her family, for an entire month. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive pictures and updates on the refugee family or individuals receiving your food vouchers for the month.
- $50 - Supports the basic health and educational needs for a child of a single mother refugee.
Your donation provides the child of a single mother refugee with primary healthcare and tuition costs to cover essential education that fosters the growth and development of the child. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive pictures and updates from those whose healthcare you are supporting.
- $25 - Provides a survival kit with essential household items to a LGBTQIA+ or single mother refugee arriving in Greece.
Your donation supports an intake kit with basic essentials for 1 LGBTQIA+ or single mother refugee, provided to them just as they arrive at our safehouse in Greece. This kit supports them till they are able to buy essentials themselves. On donating this amount, we invite you to receive a personalized letter from our staff and the opportunity to talk to them to learn more about our programs.